Sunday, September 7, 2014

Uscellular

How is it that a major multimillion-dollar corporation like uscellular could be so unorganized? We rely on cell phones and such devices to propel us forward in technology, yet the company itself does not utilize said technology.

Going into a Uscellular store is like going to get your wisdom teeth removed. It is painful, sometimes unnecessary, and always leaves you aching. Today's experience was no different. Unlucky for me, the day my bill is due falls on a Sunday, which is our only day off today. And today is the beginning of football season. So, being someone that always pays bills on time, even early sometimes, I click on my handy dandy internet uscellular cell phone to pay my bill, which I should now be able to do online. Or so they and yet  I still can't!

English entrepreneur Michael Aldrich invented online shopping in 1979 and we still can't make a fucken payment online to uscellular??? Ridiculous. Anyway, back to the point. I try to make a payment on the phone, but it's not working. It seems that the day your plan is over, only 1/2 of your features work. Nice to know.

I decide to visit the store and sort this out in a timely fashion, which is never the case at phone places. A beautiful stroll later and i'm there, waiting in a line about 3 deep while 2 customer service associates help others hook up their gismos and gadgets. I wonder why i can't just walk up to a kiosk and swipe payment and be on my way. That would be too easy, my sensible mind thinks.

There is a small sign on the vacant counter, where perhaps a sales associate should be, just processing payments that says, PAYMENTS with a small slot. What is that? For a check? Do i put my number on there? Do i require an envelope? No instructions. Not to mention, I don't carry my checkbook.
5 minutes pass and I see the sun slowly move by as my day off withers away in this line i shouldn't be standing on. My impatience for this ticks away as i survey my options.

1. go home, try online, like they claimed I could do and risk failure, late fees, and phone shut off.
2. try to call, risk wait time, failure, and extra fees?
3. come back tomorrow with a check, wait for csr (customer service representative) and ask how to address it and how to never do this again.
4. throw phone off the pier into the beautiful ocean and go drink some wine.

i went with option 1 then 4. both successful. Thank goodness.

Conclusion: if a company gets millions of dollars, they should do something right, if not everything right. Let's get it together guys...the moon landing was 1969. Surely we have made some progress since then...

No comments: