Friday, March 11, 2016

Art focus

If I want to sell my art, I have to give it a really big effort. I have to keep making work and submitting it to everywhere. I have to tell everyone how I'm saving a lost art and we have to hold on to the fundamentals of color printing.

My art is not just a photographic image, it is a process. I start with an image taken by a camera, frozen in time, remembered just as it is, until I change it, over and over again. Like life, this photo goes through experiences, a process that changes it, makes it something new.

I love taking an imagine and stretching it as far as it can go, changing it even though it remains the same. It continues to take on new forms and create new emotions for the viewer. Everyone can relate to change, to growth and the morphing of oneself...

My theme is mostly man versus nature, the constant battle of how we attack and she defends. Sometimes she attacks first and we have little defense.

I want to make art that is important, that has something to say. I want people to recognize it and appreciate the work behind it. I want them to understand the beauty of nature and the natural process of light through color photography.

First, I have to get the set up right.
1- enlarger with color head and timer - CHECK
2- processor with temperature control and roller (jobo reconstruction)
3- all chemistry necessary for printing - need to figure out what that is for color
4- dryer for accurate quick results (use hair dryer for start)
5- contact glass

Then I have to make my process work. It's going to take a lot of testing, but luckily, it's fast with color processing. I could start small and then make bigger ones in the lab if necessary. At this point, both are about as accurate.

Next, I have to get my work out there. I guess Instagram is good, but who are these people? I have to go in front of people with my work and speak with them. Tell them about the process and how it's really art. If I could just get in front of the right eyes.

No comments: